Tuesday, November 12, 2013

42 Days Until Christmas.


     This morning when we woke up there was a perfect fresh white blanket of snow on everything.  The air was crisp and there was a cold wind blowing.  Winter is really beginning now!  

     Have you made your Light 'Em Up jar yet? We haven't either, don't worry.  :) But I am very excited to get it started! Even if you haven't made your jar yet, you don't have to wait to start spreading joy! This morning Sarah, Emma, and I went out to shovel our driveway and noticed that our neighbor wasn't home and hadn't shoveled theirs yet.  So we went and did it for them so they would have a nice surprise when they got home! However, it got a little warmer and the snow on all of the driveways melted away all by itself, so you couldn't tell. :)  But one of the great things about doing things for others is that you also help yourself grow in the process.  So even though they didn't get their surprise, it was still definitely worthwhile.  While we were shoveling, Emma said, "Oh, this is good.  Mom would be so pwoud of us." 

       When you're making your jar, keep in mind that the things you do don't need to be huge.  They can just be little things, like shoveling someones driveway, sending a surprise note to a friend, or doing something nice for someone in your family.  It's not in the size of the act, it's in the act itself.  The very fact that you're doing it, making an effort for that person, speaks volumes to them.  So every chance you get to do something kind for someone starting right now, do it! And share what you do with others because kindness is contagious and the world could use some more of it! 


     I'll have lots of pictures to share soon followed by recipes and crafts.  I unfortunately left my iPod (which is my camera) at my sisters college and she hasn't sent it back to me yet.  I was told she sold it, but when I asked her she just laughed really hard.  So… (This is a real story, but she didn't really sell it, don't worry.)

     Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed. Please share what you're putting on your Light 'Em Up list with me!  I would love to know! Go do some good! 

Check back soon for more!

Rachel Merry

P.S. I really love blogging.  It's so much fun, I don't know why everyone doesn't have a blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment